Workshops and Groups
Second Fridays @ Stella Nova: Therapy Newbie Q&A December 13, 2019, 12-1 pm
Having trouble finding a therapist? Don’t know where to start? Anxious about making the first call?
This Second Friday workshop is for all the therapy newbies (and curious folks) taking the leap into accessing mental health care. It can be confusing and even daunting to begin therapy. Sometimes you may be battling the stigma of mental healthcare, wondering how you can afford it, or scared of the process. In this one hour workshop you’ll be able to chat with a therapist about ways to access mental healthcare, what to look for, and how to navigate the process here at Stella Nova and beyond.
Discussion topics to be covered:
- Searching for the right therapist for you
- Understanding the difference between therapists, psychologists, coaches & psychiatrists
- How to approach an initial consultation and what questions to ask
- Beginning therapy, expectations and therapy approaches
- Getting the most out of therapy and how to wrap up your work together
- And more!
Cheers to new beginnings!
Stay in touch with Stella Nova to get information on upcoming workshops. We promise not to spam you – we only send 1-2 emails a month.
Self-Compassion for Ambitious Women: This crowd-favorite sells out every time it runs. Designed just for career-minded women who struggle with harsh self-criticism. An interactive, 90-minute introduction to the science and practice of self-compassion, with practical tools to take home. Returning soon!